Sceptre Networking are partnered with Xirrus and have worked with Xirrus on several projects in the South West from Cheltenham Race Course to deploying Xirrus Wireless Networks in local Schools and Colleges.
We believe Xirrus is a perfect ‘fit’ for Education and Commercial sectors that are seeing huge increases in BYOD from Students, Staff and Guests that require high density and easy configure wireless access points.
- No Central Controller, so arrays not dependent on controller to function
- High Density so it can handle end users having multiple devices now and for the next 5 years
- Cloud based XMS System allows Management of devices, monitoring client traffic and deploying firmware and configuration changes easily without any onsite hardware or virtualization needed
- Easy to add additional access points with XMC Cloud “zero touch” deployment
- Application control allows you to manage and priorities applications such as YouTube and Facebook at the AP level
Xirrus Easy Pass
Xirrus have introduced a new BYOD solution to enable users to seamlessly join wireless networks without requiring certificates or applications installed. BYOD is becoming a drain on IT resources and Xirrus EasyPass helps to relieve that pressure.
Application Control built into Xirrus array and access points recognises over 1,000 applications. This allows you to create filter lists to allow, block or bandwidth control applications at the access point level. This gives you the ability to control your traffic at the edge before hitting switch up-links or firewalls.